Tuesday 19 June 2012


CHAPTER 18


                         Hakkai and Yuuri were standing under a big shady Oak tree. Yuuri started to feel awkward. “I’m going to move to England soon.” said Hakkai. Yuuri was dumbfounded. “O… Oh… when?” Yuuri asked as she tried to curl a fake smile. “The day after your siblings’ wedding.” said Hakkai. “So, why are you telling me for? Why didn’t you tell the other?” Yuuri asked gloomily. “I don’t want to see them sad about it.” said Hakkai. He gave Yuuri a letter. Yuuri took the letter and look at him curiously. “Could you give this to our home room teacher?” Hakkai asked. “Why me? Why don’t you give this yourself?” Yuuri asked. “Well… its kind a awkward if I give this to them so early and I’m not sure whether I could gave him right on time.” Hakkai explained. Yuuri sighed gloomily. “Please, Yuuri.” Hakkai persuaded her. “Fine.” said Yuuri as she kept the letter inside her school bag. Hakkai thanked her happily. “Shall I send you home?” Hakkai asked. “That’s okay. I need to do something for a while.” said Yuuri. Hakkai excused himself and left Yuuri.


                          The sky had turned orange. The sun started to say good bye and the moon will show herself soon. Yuuri was day dreaming while looking at the river. She sighed. “Idiot. Why did you tell me all of this?” Yuuri whispered to herself. “Hey… what are you doing here?” Yuuri was dumbfounded. She looked around and saw Hattori, walking towards her. “Hattori? What are you doing here?” Yuuri asked curiously. “I’m moving into your house today.” said Hattori. Yuuri became clueless. “Today? I thought the wedding is next week.” said Yuuri. “The wedding is on this Saturday.” said Hattori with a heavy sweat. Yuuri sighed. “Guess I’ve mixed up my schedule.” said Yuuri as she looked at the river gloomily. She crossed her hand and put it on the fence. Hattori leaned against the fence near Yuuri. “What’s wrong with you? Does it still hurt?” Hattori asked as he started to smoke. “It’s nothing… don’t worry.” Yuuri answered gloomily. “Hey, Hattori…” Hattori looked at her curiously. “What would you do if your crush is going to England and you won’t see her again? Would you confess to her before she goes?” Yuuri asked gloomily. “That depends, if I really like her I would confess to her and do everything for her. I would gamble my feelings and love. If I win, I would keep her. If not, than I would try to find someone else. Love is like gambling and its kind a bull crap too. So why even bother about it? If she is for me, why do I have to rush?” Hattori explained. Yuuri looked at him curiously. “But… she might leave you, don’t you think?” Yuuri asked. “I’m sure she won’t. I’ll take care of her from a distance. That would be safer, don’t you think? Even if she found out about it and reject me, I wouldn’t be heart broken.” Hattori answered. “You seem confident.” said Yuuri while looking at the sky. “Because I know I did the right thing.” Hattori answered. Yuuri smiled.  “Where are you going to work? Is it in the hospital?” Yuuri asked curiously. “I’ll be working in your school.” said Hattori as he threw away his cigarette. Yuuri looked at him with a surprise. “Let’s go. Satsuki might nag at you if you don’t go home right now.” said Hattori. Yuuri smiled and nodded. They both went home together.


~*****~


                                It’s been a week since Hakkai moved to England. Yuuri only could smile even though she didn’t have any chance to tell Hakkai her feeling. Her friends were very worried about her. Yuuri was sitting at her seat while day dreaming. Hakuren approached her gloomily and tapped Yuuri’s shoulder. “Got a minute?” Hakuren asked. Yuuri nodded and smiled. They both went to the rooftop.


                                 Hakuren closed the door and locked it. “Ren?” Yuuri asked curiously. “I’m sorry…” Hakuren apologized gloomily as he hung his head low. Yuuri was dumbfounded. “Sorry? What for?” Yuuri asked curiously. “It’s because of me, you didn’t have any chance to tell Hakkai you feeling. If only I didn’t force you to follow me that day, you might be with Hakkai right now.” Hakuren explained gloomily. Yuuri smiled gloomily. She approached him and held his shoulders. Hakuren was dumbfounded and looked at Yuuri curiously. “It’s not your fault at all. Even if I confessed to him, he would still go to England any way. So, don’t worry about it.” Yuuri convinced him while smiling. Hakuren nodded and smiled gloomily. “By the way, did your family know about us?” Yuuri asked. “No… Not yet…” said Hakuren. “No wonder your father called me last night.” said Yuuri. Yuuri sighed. “Don’t worry. Just leave it to me.” said Yuuri while smiling. Hakuren nodded and smiled. They both went back to class.


                   “Good morning, class. We got a new student who will be joining us today.” said Mr Seiran. The students looked at him curiously. “Please, come in.” said Mr Seiran. The door was opened and a boy, with short blond hair and had a pair of blue eyes, came into the class. “Please introduce yourself.” said Mr Seiran. The boy nodded. “Please to meet you. My name is Sohma Momiji. I’m Yuuri’s cousin.” The boys introduced himself cheerfully. All of them were shocked and looked at Yuuri curiously. Yuuri sighed. “What is he doing here?” Yuuri whispered to herself. “Wow… what a surprise. In that case, you can sit beside Yuuri.” said Mr Seiran. Momiji nodded and went to his seat cheerfully. He looked at Yuuri happily. Yuuri looked at him with a heavy sweat. 


                      The teachers left the class room as the bell rang. Some of the students went to the canteen for recess. “Yuuri!” Momiji called. He hugged Yuuri tightly. “Hey! We’re in public!” Yuuri scolded him angrily. Hazuki, Yui and the boys went towards them. “Wow,Yuuri! You got a lot of scandal these days.” Gojyo teased her naughtily. “What’s that supposed to mean?!” Yuuri scolded angrily. Momiji looked at them curiously. “Who are they, Yuu?” Momiji asked curiously. “They’re my friends.” said Yuuri. They introduced themselves to each other. “Let’s go to the canteen!” said Hazuki cheerfully. Momiji held Yuuri’s hand tightly. Yuuri looked at him curiously. “Sorry, but I need to borrow he for a while.” said Momiji. He dragged Yuuri to the nurse office. They all looked at them with a daze. “Are you guys sure that they’re only cousins?” Sanzo asked. Hazuki looked at Hakuren gloomily. “I’m sure they are. Now let’s go.” said Hakuren. They went to the canteen together.


                       “So, what are you doing here?” Yuuri asked curiously. “Haru asked me to take care of you in school.” Momiji explained. Yuuri had a heavy sweat and sighed. “But Hattori is here, isn’t it?” Yuuri asked. “You don’t understand, Yuu…” said Momiji gloomily. Yuuri and Hattori looked at him curiously. “Someone is blackmailing us. They try to kill you, Yuu.” said Momiji. Hattori and Yuuri were shocked and speechless. “Two days ago, Haru received a very strange letter. They wrote ‘you had to convince the police to let Kaito and Semei out from jail and returned our entire asset to us if you don’t want anything happen to your sister.’ Haru knew it’s imposible. So he sent me here to look after you at school.” Momiji explained. Yuuri hung her head low. “But Yuuki, Shigure and I are with her, right?” Hattori asked. “True… but not beside Yuuri at school. Plus, who knows, maybe you might get promoted by the hospital.” Momiji explained. Yuuri sighed heavily. “What a drag…” Yuuri muttered. “Where are you staying?” Hattori asked. “At my parents’ house.” Momiji answered. “Thanks for the info, Momiji.” said Yuuri while smiling gloomily. Momiji nodded and smiled cheerfully. “Don’t worry, Yuu! I’ll protect you! Just leave it to me!” said Momiji happily. “Really? Usually. The one who doing the protecting stuff is her. You only hid behind her back.” said Hattori while drinking his coffee. “Of course! She’s like my big sister!” said Momiji. Yuuri only smiled as Hattori and Momiji kept quarrelling.


                        That night, Hazuki and her family went to a five star hotel. As they reached the dining room, they saw Hakuren and his family. Hakuren looked at Hazuki with a surprised. “Uki? What are you doing here?” Hakuren asked curiously. “Yuuri invited us. She asked us to come here.” Hazuki answered. “But, Miss Sohma is going to discuss about her and Hakuren’s wedding with us.” said Sato. Hazuki was dumbfounded and hung her head low. Byakuya looked at his sister gloomily. “There must be a mistake.” said Shirley. Yuuri entered the room. “There’s no mistake at all.” said Yuuri while smiling. All of them looked at her and saw Hattori and Shigure, standing beside her.

No comments:

Post a Comment