Tuesday 19 June 2012


CHAPTER 17


                                             Hattori was taking of Yuuri in the hospital that night. He was sitting beside Yuuri. “It must be a though day for you, huh?” said Hattori while patting Yuuri’s black long hair gently. Yuuri started to gain her conscious. She looked at Hattori curiously. “What happened?” Yuuri asked with her weak voice as she tried to held Hattori’s hand. Hattori held Yuuri hand tightly. “You’re in the hospital. Try to get some rest.” said Hattori with a soft and soothing voice. “Did anyone know about this?” Yuuri asked curiously. Hattori shook his head. Yuuri sighed happily. “That’s good to hear.” said Yuuri. She than fell in a deep sleep. Hattori smiled and pulled his coat around him. As he sat, looking at Yuuri, he started to look back to his past when he was young. It was the day of his parents’ funeral. Akito brought him home to stay for a night.


                               He was ten years old and Yuuri was five years old back then. As Akito opened the door, suddenly, Yuuri ran towards them while holding a cute brown teddy bear in her arm. “Father!” said Yuuri while smiling happily. Akito picked her up and kissed her cheek. “How’s my beloved daughter?” Akito asked cheerfully and put her down. Hattori only looked at both of them gloomily. Akito patted Yuuri’s head gently. “Did you buy me chocolate?” Yuuri asked eagerly. “Sorry, dear. May be next time.” said Akito. Yuuri started to sulk. “But I bring someone for you.” said Akito. Yuuri looked at Akito curiously.  “Yuuri, this is Hattori, your cousin. He lost his parents yesterday. Can you cheer him up?” Akito asked while smiling. Yuuri smiled and nodded. Yuuri went towards Hattori and held Hattori’s hand. Hattori looked at her curiously. “Let’s play, Hattori! You can be my best friend now! Don’t cry!” said Yuuri cheerfully. She dragged Hattori to her room quickly. Hattori only sighed and followed her. Akito only smiled and went to the living room. In Yuuri’s room, Hattori and Yuuri were playing together. “Hey… why do I have to be your butler?” Hattori asked with a heavy sweat. “Because it’s fun!” said Yuuri while smiling happily. Hattori sighed and played with Yuuri. “But still… we do need a prince.” said Yuuri gloomily. Yuuri looked at a big brown teddy bear at the corner of the room. “Ah! I know!”  Yuuri took the big teddy bear and put it on the chair. “Mr Teddy can be my prince!” said Yuuri happily as she hugged the teddy bear tightly. Hattori sighed. “Hurry up, Hattori! You have to serve the tea and cakes now!” Yuuri scolded him. Hattori sighed. “Why did she drag me in this game?” Hattori whispered to himself. Somehow, Hattori started to forget about his pain when he played with Yuuri. The memories of his past started to vanish slowly. Hattori closed his eyes and soon fell asleep.



~*****~


                        It’s been a week since Yuuri gone. Her friends could only pray for her. They didn’t hear any news about her since the incident in Hazuki’s house. Hazuki and Yui were walking home together. “I wonder how Yuuri is doing right now… None of us or her family knew whether she’s okay or not…” said Yui gloomily. “She better be. She promised that she will go to the same university as us.” said Hazuki. Both of them became quiet for a while. “So… how are you and Goku doing?” Hazuki asked, trying to break the ice between them. “We’re fine.” said Yui while blushing and laughing. “You guys must be happy, huh?” said Hazuki while nudging Yui naughtily. Yui had a heavy sweat. “Well… you and Hakuren looked close. Do you like him?” Yui asked curiously. Hazuki hung her head low. “Well… to tell you the truth… I’m not sure… I can’t possibly fall in love with him. He’s Yuuri’s fiancé.” said Hazuki gloomily. “I’m sure Yuuri would understand if you talk to her.” said Yui. Hazuki smiled gloomily. “I can’t do that. She’s been helping me out quite a lot. It took me four years to know that Yuuri and I are cousins. I rather die instead of breaking her heart.” said Hazuki gloomily. Yui only looked at Hazuki gloomily. Hazuki was dumbfounded. She looked at Yui while smiling. “Let’s go home. Its kind a late, don’t you think?” asked Hazuki. Yui smiled and nodded. They both went home together.



~*****~ 


                         The class room was very noisy. Hazuki, Yui and the boys were sitting together while chatting and laughing. Suddenly, the door was opened. All of the students were shocked and speechless when they saw a girl, standing in front of the door. “Hey… why are you guys looking at me like that?” The girl asked with a heavy sweat. Hazuki and Yui stood up and ran towards the girl. “Yuuri!” The girls called as they hugged her tightly. The three of them fell on the floor. “Calm down you two…” said Yuuri with a heavy sweat. “How are you? Are you okay now? Does it still hurt?” the girls asked curiously. “I’m fine.” said Yuuri while smiling. They stood up quickly. All of the students greet Yuuri. They were very happy that Yuuri was alright.


                    “It’s been a while since we see you, Yuuri! Why didn’t you call us?!” Hazuki asked angrily. “I’m sorry. I need to take care of some important things.” Yuuri explained while eating her sandwich. “Well, you should at least call us!” Goku scolded her angrily. “We’re worrying sick about you, you know!” Gojyo scolded her angrily. Yuuri laughed. “I’m sorry. I’m okay now, don’t worry.” Yuuri convinced them. “Hey, why don’t we celebrate this after school?” Yui asked happily. “That’s sounds nice. We can go to the cake shop where we always hang out, right Sanzo?” Hakkai asked Sanzo. “Sure.” Sanzo answered. Yuuri smiled when they cheered happily.


                          The girls and the boys were walking to the cake shop. Suddenly, a big black car stopped in front of them. They looked at Kuro, Hazuki’s bodyguard, as he came out from the car. “Pardon me, Miss Sohma. Mr Akira would like to see you.” said Kuro. “What?! What does father want from her?” Hazuki asked with a shocked. Yuuri held Hazuki’s shoulder. Hazuki looked at her anxiously. “Sure.” Yuuri agreed. She looked at her friends while smiling. “You guys go ahead. I’ll catch up with you guys later.” said Yuuri while winking. The others nodded. “I’ll come with you.” said Hazuki. Yuuri looked at her and nodded while smiling. They got into the car and went to Hazuki’s house.


                           As they reached the living room, they saw Akira, Shirley, Byakuya and Kureno, chatting with each other. Akira looked at Yuuri while smiling. “Ah! Miss Sohma! I’m glad that you could come!” said Akira happily. “Why did you call me?” Yuuri asked while crossing her hands. Akira stood up and bowed at her. Hazuki, Shirley, and Byakuya was shocked. “Father…” Hazuki whispered gloomily. Akira looked at Yuuri gloomily. “Thank you for saving my company. I really own you a debt.” said Akira gloomily. Yuuri hung her head low. “Tell me… why is it that you hate my father so much?” Yuuri asked. “Well… you see… you already knew that your father was my step-brother. We had the same mother but different father. Your grandmother and my father got divorce when I was five.  She than married your grandfather, Sohma Azuma. I had a really though childhood back then. I was really furious with your father for taking away my happiness. That’s why… I really hate all the Sohma family members.” Akira explained gloomily. “But… Satsuki never knew who’s our grandmother.” said Yuuri. Akira sighed. “So she did the same thing to you grandfather, huh? I’m really sorry for what I’ve done. I’ll give half of my company’s asset to you as an apology.” said Akira. “That’s okay.” Akira was dumbfounded and looked at Yuuri curiously. “What’s past is past. There’s no point crying over spilt milk, don’t you think so?” Yuuri asked as she walked towards the door. Kureno only smiled. He knew that Yuuri had made the right decision. “Miss Sohma!” Shirley called. Yuuri stopped and looked at her curiously. “Please do come to our house for diner one day. We really appreciate if you do!” said Shirley. “Sure… that would be nice.” said Yuuri while smiling. “By the way, my brother and my sister will get marry next week. Please do come.” said Yuuri. Akira smiled and nodded happily. Hazuki and Yuuri left the house.


                            Hazuki and Yuuri were walking together. “You seem quiet. What’s up?” Yuuri asked curiously. “It’s nothing.” said Hazuki while smiling. “So, how is your relationship with Hakuren?” Hazuki asked. “To be honest, I don’t know. I’m not sure at all.” said Yuuri while smiling gloomily. Hazuki looked at Yuuri gloomily. She really wanted to tell Yuuri how she felt but she can’t. “Let’s not talk about this.” said Yuuri. Hazuki nodded and smiled gloomily. As they reached the cake shop, they joined the others. Yuuri enjoyed her evening with her friends.


                            Hakkai sent Yuuri home. They both were walking together. “What should I do? Should I tell him how I felt?” Yuuri whispered to herself while blushing. “Hey, Yuuri…” Hakkai called her. “Yeah?” Yuuri asked while blushing. “There’s something that I need to tell you. Can we go to the park for a while?” Hakkai asked. “Sure…” said Yuuri while smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment